Subcontractors and Suppliers
Capitol Paving is currently soliciting qualified suppliers and subcontractors to submit quotes for the solicitations listed below.
Quotations can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax at (202) 832-4642.
Please fill out the subcontractor questionnaire to the right before applying for any of the opportunities below.
The scope of Work includes but is not limited to:
- Install DC Water furnished new copper service tubing, corporation stop (if
required), curb stops and boxes, water meter boxes and frames, ball valves, service
saddles and fittings to remove existing and reinstate water service to the customer
through trenchless methods. Work may include core drilling and necessary
adapters and fittings necessary required to reinstate water service to the customer.
- Installation of DC Water supplied water meters. The Contractor shall supply
necessary fittings and adaptors to connect the new water meter into the service
- Disposal of existing domestic lead service lines including removed corporation
stops, curb stops and boxes, lead service tubing, valves, adaptors, excess soil,
concrete, asphalt, vegetation and contaminated material and old water meters in
accordance with all local and Federal restrictions.
- Providing necessary traffic control to meet DDOT requirements to allow work
within the public right of way.
- Excavation, backfill and compaction including District required erosion and
sediment control as well as tree protection.
- Coordinating with DC Water and LFG.
- The LFG and DC Water will obtain most of the required right-of-entries and will
provide preliminary block scheduling to the Contractor based on number of entries
obtained. Right-of-Entries, obtained traffic control permits and schedules will be
provided to the contractor post bid. For any address on a block where neither the
LFG nor DC Water has obtained Right-Of-Entry forms, the addresses will be
assigned to the contractor to obtain the Right-Of-Entry prior to scheduling the
block for replacement.
- The Contractor shall provide detailed block schedule and be responsible for
coordination and scheduling work on an overall program and individual block
basis. Work will also include promotion of the replacement program through the
targeted use of door hangers, flyers, matrix message boards, yard signs, etc in the
- Pavement and concrete removal, including saw cutting as required.
- Temporary water service if the customer is without water for more than 8 hours
over the course of any 24 hour period.
- Restoration of interior drywall (as-needed).
- Broom clean all interior rooms, sidewalks, walkways and other areas used by the
Contractor to access the work.
- Installation of temporary pavement and maintaining it until permanent is installed.
- All final surface restoration work to restore all areas disturbed by construction to
conditions equal to or better than pre-construction conditions. For water service
line replacements, exterior restoration shall occur within 20 business days, and
interior restoration within 2 business days. For Access not Granted, all temporary
and permanent interior and exterior restoration shall occur within 2 business days.
- Dewatering and excavation support and protection.
- Trenchless installation, leakage testing and flushing of new service lines and
connecting to existing water meters.
- Photographic documentation pre- and post-construction activities input into GIS
- Installing of new service taps into the water main
- Compilation of as-built information for the completion of service tap cards to be
entered into DC Water’s 3PP system.
- All other work, including but not limited to submittals; providing temporary
facilities; all specified special provisions; environmental protection; erosion and
sedimentation control; site preparation; rock excavation; removal of concrete road
base, trenching; decking; furnishing and installing repair clamps; furnishing and
installing granular fill materials; pipeline cleaning, and flushing; dust control;
pavement, curb and sidewalk repair and resurfacing; landscaping; loaming and
seeding; surface restoration; miscellaneous work and cleanup; and all else
incidentals required for successful completion of the work as specified.
To review plans and specifications, copy and paste link to your browser
Traffic Signal Construction
Solicitation Number: DCKA-2021-B-0051
Owner: District Department of Transportation (DDOT) Bid Opening: August 17, 2021 Location: Citywide – Washington, DC
North Marlton Ave Water Main Replacement
Solicitation: BTCR 6481A18 (Reposted)
Bid Opening: December 18, 2020
Small Diameter Water Main Replacement 13A
Bid Type: OPEN
Bid Opening: November 13, 2019
Subcontractor Requirement: MBE 32% WBE 6%
Capitol Paving is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Clauses,
Subsection 1103.2 through 1103.10 in order to be considered